H-E-B just posted their official coupon policy online.
Here is a link to the policy:
Here is the policy:
This coupon policy will be effective on 4/20/15.
At H‑E‑B, we know how important it is for you to maximize every dollar you spend with us. Coupons are a big part of that, so below we have outlined our guidelines for your convenience.
H‑E‑B accepts the following types of coupons:
- H‑E‑B Issued coupons:
- Available at store level and are typically yellow in color.
- Generated by a coupon printer at the register and provided with customer receipt.
- Distributed via direct mail to customer households or other printed publications.
- Digital coupons selected on the H‑E‑B website or H‑E‑B mobile application.
- Manufacturer issued coupons including those with Competitor Logos (must have the wording “Manufacturer’s Coupon” Printed on the Coupon).
- Online Printable coupons with a bar code (i.e. heb.com coupons, email coupons, internet coupons, social media coupons).
Coupon Guidelines and Limitations:
- Coupons can only be redeemed for items, brands, and sizes as specified by the requirements of the coupon.
- Only one coupon (digital or paper) will be accepted per qualified item regardless of its origination.
- If a paper coupon and a digital coupon are presented for the same item, the paper coupon will apply to the order and the digital coupon will be returned back to the account.
- H‑E‑B will not allow stacking of any coupons. Only one item specific coupon per qualifying item is allowed.
- H‑E‑B does allow piggybacking of coupons in certain scenarios.
- Buy X Get Y Free. A cents‑off coupon can be applied on the Buy X item because it was purchased and not the “Free” product.
- $ off “Your Basket” coupons can be combined with an item‑level offer if all qualifying requirements have been met on each coupon.
- H‑E‑B does not double or triple coupons.
- If the face value of an H‑E‑B coupon exceeds the price of a qualifying item, only the retail price of the item may be applied. Cash back is not permitted.
- If the face value of a manufacturer coupon exceeds the price of a qualifying item, the excess may be applied towards the balance of the order. Cash back is not permitted.
- Coupons must be presented to the cashier at time of purchase, prior to payment being submitted.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Customer will be responsible for paying all applicable sales taxes. Sales tax may be charged on pre‑coupon price.
- Digital coupons redemption limits are indicated on each coupon.
- Digital coupons cannot be used for purchases made on the H‑E‑B website or H‑E‑B mobile application.
- The following coupons cannot be accepted:
- Invalid Start Date (coupon has not started).
- Expired coupons.
- Competitor coupons without “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on the coupon.
- Paper coupons without a barcode.
- Coupons listed as counterfeit at couponinformationcenter.com or determined to be counterfeit by H‑E‑B in its sole discretion.
- Digital coupons not issued through the H‑E‑B website or H‑E‑B mobile application.
- Coupons from other retailers or for products not carried in our stores.
- H‑E‑B accepts valid Online Printable Coupons as follows:
- Online Printable Coupons should be legible and have a bar code image available to scan coupon.
- Buy‑one‑get‑one‑free coupons (BOGOs) are accepted. (i.e. Buy X, Get X Free).
- “Free product” Printable Coupons are not accepted (i.e. Get X Free).
- Printable Coupons will not be accepted if they appear copied or are altered in any way. They should be printed directly from the website or email in which they were offered.
- Printable Coupons have unique serial numbers and follow an industry standard format; they are non‑transferable, and should not be copied, scanned, sold, traded, or otherwise distributed.
- H‑E‑B reserves the right to refuse any coupon or limit quantities.
- Coupons may be subject to additional limitations and restrictions as described on the coupon itself or otherwise specified by H‑E‑B.