Our next giveaway is for younger kids as they get ready for back-to-school!
thinkSmart Games are fun and educational games for Nintendo Wii and DS handheld systems designed to keep children excited and engaged while they play!
- Crazy Machines for both Wii & DS Think outside of the box and push the boundaries of creative thinking as you utilize random objects (anvil, rolling spheres and more!) to build a variety of increasingly complex contraptions that cause chain reactions. Big picture thinking, big fun and big points await in the construction of Crazy Machines!
- Cosmos Chaos for DS When it comes to fun and educational games, nothing can compare to Cosmos Chaos! Funded by a Star Schools grant from the U.S. Department of Education and developed by PREL (Pacific Resources for Education and Learning), Cosmos Chaos! is a collaborative effort on the part of talented video game developers and respected experts in the field of educational research. The result? An exciting and challenging reading game that’s as fun as it is educational!
- Labyrinth for DS Based on the popular board game, Labyrinth drops players in a series of mazes where logical thinking and problem-solving skills are the only way out. Move the walls with the stylus and discover all your treasures in the labyrinth before your opponents do!
- Scotland Yard for DS The chase is a-foot! Scotland Yard is searching for Mister X in London, New York, Berlin, Paris & Amsterdam. Deductive thinking and procedural logic are key as players aid the famous detectives in the capture of the elusive Mr. X.
For this review, I thought I would see what the resident gaming expert of the Coupon Dad household, our son Ethan, had to say about these games. He thought it was cool that I was actually wanting him to play video games. Ethan and I played all the games. There is nothing like a little friendly father/son competition. Here’s what my 12 year old son had to say:
Crazy Machines – Test your skills and knowledge in Crazy Machines where you make contraptions to complete levels. Its fun, easy, and the whole family can play.
Scotland Yard – Mr. X is at it again are you going to be the 5 detectives to catch him or you can be Mr. X and try to escape from the 5 detectives. Go to New York, London, Berlin, Paris, and Amsterdam.
Labyrinth – Make your move in this shifting Labyrinth as you try to find the treasure you seek to save your father who has been kidnapped, ummm maybe we will just let the kidnappers keep him, LOL.
Cosmos Chaos – Explore the area and find your dog who was kidnapped by robots. Along the way you will find Buddy, a friendly robot who will fight evil robots. You learn new words and definitions to help get Buddy’s voice back and find your dog.
Well done son! Other than the fact that he thinks he is a comedian!!
As a father, I am all about video games that serve a learning purpose and that just what these games do!
One lucky Coupon Dad reader will win a thinkSMART Games prize package that includes all of the games listed above!
Entry is simple! You just need to answer the question below by leaving a comment on this site! You can even gain up to 3 bonus entries for doing each additional item listed (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one – up to a total of 4 comments.) As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included.
Leave a comment. Which thinkSMART game do you think your kids would most enjoy?
1. Follow Coupon Dad in a reader or via e-mail updates.
3. Follow thinkSMART Games on Facebook.
This giveaway will remain open until 11:59 p.m. EST, Tuesday, 8/23. Any comments left after this cut-off will not be counted. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified via email within 48 hours after the close of the contest.
This giveaway is part of the Grateful Giveaways Back-to-School Event being hosted by myself and 9 other bloggers. You can increase your chances of winning this prize (as well as all of the others on this site), by visiting each of them and entering the same way as you did here. You have plenty of time to get to all of them, since the contest will be open for five full days.
If you haven’t already done so, you might want to print out this spreadsheet to help guide you through all of the entries on all of the blogs.
As one final reminder, you will want to check out the terms of the giveaway by visiting the Grateful Giveaways: Celebrating Back to School Facebook page. Just click on the Terms tab on the left side of the page. (Note that by entering this contest, you agree that you have read the terms and are eligible to enter this contest).
Disclosure: I received the same gift package that the winner will be receiving to facilitate my review. I did not receive any compensation to write this post. The opinions are all mine!