And on the 1st day …
Something to help expand your mind….
Name of Product:
Staples Tech Guide and Featured Kindle Wireless Reading Device!
Why It Was Chosen:
Well, we definitely saved one of the best for last! The Staples Tech Guide and Kindle review concludes the 2010 Coupon Dad 12 Days of Christmas. I thought the last item had to be something really cool. The Kindle it just that!! The Kindle is the PERFECT gift for the reader in your life.
I’m featuring the Staples Tech Guide as well with the Kindle review.
First reason is the very cool announcement that Staples will be the only Office Supply Super stores to be selling the Kindle this year! This is cool because it gives you the ability to go into a Staples store and actually feel and handle the product with their in-store displays.
Second reason is Staples has done a great job of putting together a guide with all the hottest technology gifts for this year. If you have someone of your list who goes nuts (like me) for all the latest gadgets than you are sure to find a great gift idea in the Tech Guide. You can even build a wish list and send it to the people who are going to be loading you up with goodies!
Once again Staples is making it easy this holiday season!
The Kindle Wireless Reading Device allows you to have 3,500 books in the palm of your hand. (That should keep any reader busy for a little while). Thanks goes to Staples for supplying the Kindle for this review!
- 6″ diagonal display
- E ink pearl display (this is awesome…..crisp, clear and easy on the eyes)
- 7.5″ x 4.8″ x 0.335 inches in size
- stores 3500 books
- battery life = 1 month off wireless, 1 week on wireless
- books in60 seconds
- WiFi or they have the 3G edition as wel
- native PDF support
- portrait or landscape view
We are BIG book readers in our home. To give you an idea of how many books we read, last year our daughter Amber was in the 4th grade. We got a call from the school librarian asking us for permission to allow Amber to check out books from the middle school because Amber had read ALL of the books in the library at the elementary school and there was nothing new for her to read! She wants her room to look like a library!!
The problem with having a family full of book lovers is you run out of space to store all the books. Books are heavy and take up a lot of space. the Kindle solves this problem because it can store 3500 books all at your fingertips.
The Kindle is very lightweight and very easy to read.
My Favorite Features:
- Kindle includes 2 dictionaries, the Oxford American and the Oxford Dictionary of English (no more, “Dad what does this word mean!!)
- you can access personal documents, newspapers, blogs, and magazines as well as books
- you can add your own notes
- books can be downloaded without a computer
- can share your notes and highlights with friends via social media networks
- long battery life
- unlike a laptop or tablet, Kindle never gets hot so you can read comfortably as long as you like.
- Kindle’s electronic ink display is ideal for reading because it does not create the same eyestrain as reading on traditional back-lit LCD tablets or laptops.
The Kindle is definitely a hit in our house. I love it for travel. I no longer have to fill my briefcase with heavy books. Just the little 8.5 ounce Kindle is all I need for hours of reading pleasure. I will tell you it is very easy on the eyes. It is not like staring at a computer. It really is just like reading a book.
I also like the Worry Free Archive. Books you purchase from the Kindle Store are automatically backed up online in your Kindle library on Amazon. Re-download books via wireless for free, anytime. So you don’t have to worry about losing your books.
The only negative thing I can say about the Kindle is you can’t pass a book from one person to another like you would if you were to just purchase a hard copy of the book. When I buy a book, my wife reads it and then we usually pass it around the family. You can’t do that with the Kindle or any other reading device. Kindle however is coming out with a solution soon introducing lending for Kindle, a new feature, called Book Lending that lets you loan your Kindle books to other Kindle or Kindle app users. Each book can be lent once, for a period of 14 days. At least with Book Loan, more than one person can read the book.
Where You Can Purchase:
Your local Staples store of course. Head in and give it a try, hold it in your hand, read a few pages….you will be hooked!
Also don’t forget to shop all their Tech gifts in-store or online at Staples.com!
Price of Product:
* A free sample of this product was given to me for review purposes. This had no bearing on the review and all comments are my opinion and not that of the manufacturer’s.