5 Easy Ways To Save Money On Your Grocery Bill
With a family of six, next to our mortgage, our grocery bill is our second largest expense. Here are 5 EASY ways to save money on your grocery bill and you don’t even have to clip a coupon. Of course, using coupons will save you even more! We use these 5 easy steps to help us save!!
- Make a list a stick to it. Making a list will eliminate the risk of you forgetting something and having to go back to the store (which will cost you gas money). Also, by sticking to the list you are aren’t purchasing things you don’t really need. Therefore, saving you money.
- Pay attention to the unit price. Sometimes it’s less expensive to buy 2 little containers of a product instead of 1 large container.
- Switch up your grocery stores. We all have our favorite stores, but pay attention to the sales flyers of other grocery stores in your area. If chicken is on sale for $1.99 lb. at one store and $3.29 per lb. at your favorite, stop buy that unfamiliar store and grab the chicken when you are passing by. Doing so saves you money!
- Pay with cash. Swiping that debit or credit card is so easy. Paying with cash will keep you on budget because when the cash is gone, it’s gone. I saw in an article that people who use credit or debit cards to pay for their purchases tend to spend 18% more than those that pay cash for their purchases.
- Leave the kids at home. I know this may not be possible for all, but you don’t have give into the request for candy, sugary cereals, and all those other things that aren’t on the list.
So there you have it. 5 EASY Ways to save on your grocery bill. Of course, if you use coupons, you’ll save even more. Also, don’t forget about our coupon database that will help you find a coupon that you are looking.