Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 can (7 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix (regular)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix.
- Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish.
- Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup of cheese.
- Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.