Coupon printing issues have you down?
As most people who like to use coupon know….Coupons.com is one of the best resources for printable grocery coupons each month. But….nothing is more frustrating than not being able to print you coupons!
Here are some tips to help you solve your coupon printing woes.
First…..most of the time the printing issues come about because of updates to our operating systems (OS) or browsers like FireFox or Internet Explorer.
Fix your Coupons.com printing issues: (update January 2013)
Here are some more troubleshooting tips that may help you fix your printing issues. One is specifically built around Windows 8.
1) Windows 8 and Metro Mode
So Coupons.com coupons can not print from Windows 8 Metro Mode. So if you have pinned your browser to the home screen (the new home screen) and are launching your browser from there than coupons may not print. Navigate to your desktop (old view) and launch the browser from there.
Another thing to try, Chrome for example can be launched in Windows 8 mode or desktop mode. If you are launching the browser in Windows 8 mode that will cause issues. In Chrome, drop down your setting menu on the right hand side (top next to url bar) and one of the options will say either “launch in Windows 8 mode” or “launch in desktop mode”. If it says “launch in desktop mode” then you are in the Windows 8 metro mode and need to switch to desktop mode. Similar process with IE, look in settings and change to desktop or non metro mode.
A sign that you are in Metro mode is if your browser opens up in a full screen and not as a window (where you can see some of the desktop behind it)
2) Internet Explore 7 and Active X
Coupons.com needs active x to be able to print the coupons. When installing the printer the active x module may get disabled. So you need to re-enable it to be able to print. Here is the information Coupons.com provides about this.
- 1. Please look for the ActiveX bar (also called the Windows Information Bar) which may appear across the top of the web page if you’re using Internet Explorer 7.
- The Windows Information Bar may show this message: “The previous webpage might require the following add-on: ‘Couponprinter.ocx’ from ‘Coupons Inc.”. Click here to allow it to run…”
- Click on the Windows Informtation Bar and select “Install ActiveX”. This will allow the Coupon Printer in Internet Explorer to print coupons.
Fix your Coupons.com printing issues: (update September 2012)
I’m hearing a lot recently from readers having issues again. This fix below seems to be helping a lot of them. The update below this from January 2012 still has a lot of viable solutions as well.
Are you being asked over and over to install the Coupon Printer?
A recent update to your browser or java may have disabled your Coupon Printer in the settings in your browser. Check to see that the Coupons, Inc browser add-ons are Enabled.
In Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher:
- Click “Tools” and select “Enable or Disable Add Ons”
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, select “Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer”
- Under the Name column, the “cpbrkpie control” extension by “Coupons, Inc.” must be Enabled
- If it is Disabled, right-click the entry and select “Enable”, or click the “Enable” button at the bottom-right corner
- Close the Manage Add-ons window and print your coupon
- Click “Tools” and select “Add-ons”
- Under “Plugins” both plugins for “Coupons, Inc.” should be Enabled
- If they are Disabled, click the Enable button on the right to enable them
- Close the Add-ons window and print your coupon
Fix your coupons.com printing issues: (update January 2012)
Most of the time this first process will fix your issue and have up up and running in no time.
1) Start by uninstalling your Coupon printer software. You will need to have all your browsers closed to do this. For Mac users just go to Applications and you will see a “Coupons” folder. Inside that will be the uninstall program. PC users I believe it will be in your Programs folder.
2) After you succesfully uninstall your coupon printer software. The next step is to go to this link (Coupons.com latest printer software) and download the most current version of the coupon printer software. Make sure to get it from this link and not through the link when trying to print a coupon or on the Coupons.com coupon page.
3) Download either the Mac or PC version and then install the new software.
4) Now re open your favorite supported browser (the list of supported browsers and versions can be found at the link above as well)….and go print your coupons!
Other troubleshooting tips:
Here are some other common problems that can cause issues with printing coupons.
1) Try changing your browser to run in 32 bit rather than 64 bit (not all applications work on 64 bit yet) – instructions below:
Firefox (Mac): To set Firefox to always run in 32 bit mode, open up Finder and go to the Applications folder. Control-click the Firefox app and click “Get Info”, then select the “Open in 32-bit mode” option.
Safari: Same as FireFox above
Internet Explorer: Go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ and download FireFox and use it instead LOL (can you tell I am not a fan of Internet Explorer)….but really…if you have a 64bit version of Windows you should have two versions of IE in your programs folder. One that is 32 bit and one that is 64bit.
2) Check that your virus software is not blocking the coupon printer software (the software is safe…no need to worry)
3) Check that your pop up blocker is not blocking the printing software.
4) Check the other troubleshooting tips from Coupons.com under Windows FAQ or Mac FAQ at the Coupons.com troubleshooting page.
The steps above should solve your Coupon printing issues about 95% of the time. If you still have issues feel free to contact me (contact link in navigation menu at top of page) and I can help you troubleshoot further.
Thanks for being a Coupon Dad reader and printing your coupons through us!
Zack aka Coupon Dad